Tax Planning & Advice
Since personal tax rates are much higher than corporate tax rates, inadequate tax planning and missed deductions can be extremely costly, reducing your net income and impacting your personal wealth for years into the future. When you trust Dave Stevenson CPA, CA accounting services, you can enjoy peace of mind, knowing that you can depend on the experience and expertise of a professional chartered accountant, to file your personal tax return and reduce your tax burden today and for the long term.
With tax rules continually changing it can be stressful to prepare your own tax. We have been providing personal tax services for clients throughout Ontario and the Muskoka & Parry Sound regions. Let us apply our experience and expertise to get you the best possible tax return.
Common Tax Issues:
• Ensuring all qualified medical/attendant care/disability claims are made
• Planning to ensure maximum childcare expenses are deducted
• Rental income
• Disposition of real estate properties
• Business returns for proprietors and business partners
• Utilization of prior year capital losses and business losses
• Utilization of capital gains exemption
• Maximizing the principal residence exemption
• Tax considerations during divorce settlements
• Planned gifting to registered charities
• Transfer of assets to adult children
The Importance of Tax Planning & Strategies
Taxes are a fact of life. They affect every Canadian in most aspects of their lives. Whether it’s earning an income, making a purchase, owning real property, investing, running a business, or transferring your estate, life is full of taxable consequences that, if left unchecked, could consume an ever increasing amount of one’s livelihood.
It is strongly recommended that you seek the guidance of a financial professional with experience in income and investment planning strategies for minimizing personal income taxes. Call our office today at 705.645.1361if you have questions about your own tax strategy.